Monday 27 November 2017

November 27, 2017 :: Today's Words: 775 :: Total Words: 30,257

A new character arrives, wearing a papaya whip piece of clothing, and carrying some more random entries for the 'items' table, that we'll have to sort through later.

It was time for the fall school fundraiser, and Timothy, Lila, and Sophie were all excited to be running the rummage sale table. Miss Carter was helping them, but they were still the ones in charge of the signs and taking money and putting things in bags for people.

They were slowly getting their three tables organized when a man in a pale pink shirt came into the gym.

Lila took one look and whispered to the others, “That colour is called ‘papaya whip,’ my mom has nail polish that colour.” Timothy rolled his eyes.

The man had three huge bags and one box of stuff with him, which he set down on one of their tables.

“Can we help you?” asked Sophie politely.

“Yeah, I brought this stuff for the rummage sale. Is that you?”

The children nodded. Just then, Miss Carter walked into the gym with her clipboard. She saw the man and came right over to him.

“Oh, Stan, it’s good to see you!” she said.

“Well, it’s always good to see you, Shirley,” he replied.

Miss Carter blushed and the children exchanged glances. Timothy reached up and took hold of the box. “Thank you for bringing us all of these things,” he said. “We’ll sort it out and get it ready for the sale.”

The girls rushed to help him lift the box to the floor; it was heavy. Stan didn’t even notice: he was too busy looking at Miss Carter.

Introduce a character who worships Davlin.

Sesuna led Florian through the tunnels under the city. Numenor had left them after the encounter with Ohnmar.

They entered a large room, likely another basement, and Florian expected Sesuna to continue as she had for the last few basements, but she turned and opened a door that had some stairs on the other side.

“Up?” he asked, confused.

“Up,” she responded, nodding firmly.

Florian went through the door and Sesuna followed. She closed the door behind them and made sure it was locked, then led him up the stairs and outside into the street.

“I thought we were going to travel below-ground the whole time,” he said.

Sesuna shook her head. “That makes no sense. Why would we do that?”

Florian shrugged. “I don’t know, but since you aren’t telling me anything and I don’t know where we’re going, it was a reasonable assumption to make.”

Sesuna nodded. “I understand.” She walked in silence for a few moments, then said, “We are going to find the women.”

“I gathered that,” he said. “I just don’t know where they are or anything. I don’t even really understand why you’re helping me.”

She stopped and turned to face him. “My god, Thanatos, sent me to you. I know that you do not believe in him, but that is the truth. I am helping you because he wills it.”

Florian shrugged. “Okay.”

Sesuna sighed and began walking again. “There is someone I want you to meet.”

“If they’re anything like the last two people I met, I’ll pass.”

Sesuna grinned. “Numenor does take some getting used to, I know. And Ohnmar is unsettling. But I think you will like Yadana. She is friendlier.”

Florian looked around the city. He had no idea where they were. “Okay, sure, let’s meet her.”

Sesuna nodded and took a sharp right turn. Florian followed her down an alley and up a fire escape. She knocked three times on a window and let herself in. They stood in the kitchen of a small apartment.

Yadana was a little shorter than Florian. Her black hair was cropped short in a pixie cut, and her fine cheekbones were set off by her large brown eyes. “Hello Sesuna,” she said in a throaty alto. “To what do I owe the pleasure?”

Sesuna smiled and nodded a greeting. She took Florian by the shoulder and pulled him forward. “I have brought my charge to meet you,” she said.

Yadana looked Florian over from head to toe. “I am not impressed.”

“He’s not much to look at, I know. He has survived Numenor and Ohnmar. I thought you would be the next logical choice.”

Yadana raised an eyebrow and looked at Florian again. “I may have underestimated you,” she said. “Come with me.” She turned and walked away.

Florian glanced at Sesuna, who nodded. He followed Yadana into what must be the living room. She sat down in a chair and gestured for him to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment