Thursday 2 November 2017

November 2, 2017 :: Today's Words: 247 :: Total Words: 697

Introduce a character who worships Sirona.

Alaina stood silently beside the hot springs, her eyes closed. The steam rising from the water caressed her bare shoulders. She imagined that it was the hands of her goddess, Sirona.

Sirona. Healer. I have returned. Restore me to your sacred presence.

You have been gone for a long time, Alaina.

I know. I apologize. There were… complications.

Explain.

Alaina sighed. Family disruption. Relationships fractured. Mother has cancer; Father dementia. My brother would not let me leave until I had helped him get both of our parents into care.

You did not bring them to me?

He would not let me. I tried. Alaina clenched her fists by her sides; the tension was building up inside and she feared she might explode. I know you could heal them both.

Perhaps. But for now, Beloved, enter my embrace. You are favoured.

Alaina relaxed her hands and stepped forward into the water. Her gauzy white bathing cover floated around her as she walked, her feet stepping carefully on the sandy bottom to avoid any potentially sharp rocks.

She reached the centre of the pool and submerged completely, allowing the water to close over her head. It had been far too long.

She let her feet float up to the top and lay on her back atop the water, moving her hands softly to maintain her float. She had missed this communion with her goddess far too much.


It was good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment