Friday 10 November 2017

November 10, 2017 :: Today's Words: 199 :: Total Words: 6,916

“I see,” Alaina replied, frowning at him.

Sabitri took a slice of pizza and pulled over a chair to sit beside Jigme. “What have you been doing since you left Bhutan, Alaina?” she asked, then took a bite of her pizza. The cheese stretched out and she pulled at it with her fingers to break it.

Alaina stood up and looked at the food. “My mother passed away earlier this year. I have also been living in a cabin in the woods near a hot spring.” She picked up a piece of pizza and returned to her seat. The pizza was hot but not hot enough to burn her tongue as she took her first bite. “This is good.”

Jigme was frowning at her. He hadn’t yet taken any pizza. “You’ve been living in a cabin in the woods?”

Alaina laughed. “You sound so appalled, Jigme.”

“Not appalled, just… surprised.”

“The hot spring is the reason I’m there.”

He nodded slowly, realization dawning. “Ah yes, your goddess.”

“Yes, my goddess. She is there and happy to converse with me.”


Sabitri raised an eyebrow. “Your… goddess? Do people believe in those anymore?” She took another piece of pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment